Thursday, December 25, 2008

25 Days of CHRISTmas - CHRISTmas Day 2008

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.


Isaiah 9:6

What a beautiful day. I think today was the nicest CHRISTmas I can remember in the longest time, perhaps ever.

I am a blessed woman. I have a husband who I love dearly, I am madly in love with him, grateful for the nearly 20 years we have been together and with great hope, joy and expectation anticipating a long and wonderful life together, in Jesus' name.

I have three wonderful children. They can be loud and rambunctious, they are far from perfect but they are mine, God's gift to me, each with their own special strengths and talents, each with their own endearing qualities, all precious to me in a million ways I cannot begin to list.

I have parents who love me, who are good to me, and have always done all that they could to show me their love and support.

All of these gifts are richly enhanced and perhaps more greatly understood to be precious personal gifts because I am blessed to walk daily in my life with the Lord who loves me, just as I am. I have a Savior who came to earth to die for me, to live with me, to lead and to guide me. He is Wonderful, my Counselor, He is the Prince of the peace that resides in my heart knowing He is for me, and He is Mighty; He can and will handle whatever challenges or storms may come my way, and He will always be there, forever. He is Emmanuel, God with me.

Happy Birthday Jesus. Thank you my true Love that today and every day You give to me...

the burden to pray...
my daughter's smile...
the gift of perspective...
the gift of a reprieve...
the gift of hope...
a little peace and quiet...
the joy in worship...
the gift of the still small voice...
girlfriends...
the men in my life...
the power to choose...
the kindness of a stranger...
new friends...
the joy of celebrating my daughter's life...
blogging...
the opportunity to witness the faith and kindness of children...
Candyland and CHRISTmas cookies under the CHRISTmas tree...
CHRISTmas caroling with my family...
the ability to go with the flow...
the gift of fun...
reminders of what CHRISTmas is really all about....
a calm in the eye of the storm...
the joy of celebration...
tradition...


But most of all Lord, my true Love, You give to me, You, the Greatest Gift of all, and the Greatest Giver of gifts ever.

Happy Birthday dear Jesus... happy birthday to You.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. James 1:17

Merry CHRISTmas to all, and to all a good night.

No comments: