Tuesday, December 23, 2008

25 Days of CHRISTmas - December 23, 2008

I cannot BELIEVE it's the twenty-third of December! I am freaking out a little inside. My shopping is done, purely because I refuse to do any more of it. Whatever may not be bought yet, well, it just isn't going to be bought this CHRISTmas. Well, except the groceries. I am missing several key ingredients to my first ever at home, cooked by me CHRISTmas dinner. But gift shopping has been terminated.

On the other hand, gift wrapping is still to be done. I stayed up till 4 am last night and got between half and two-thirds of it done. I am waiting now for my children to head off to bed for another all-nighter. Lord help me, I will sleep on Friday.

In the midst of the millions of things to do, tonight we had Victoria's "friend party" for her birthday. Why did I make it for the 23rd of December? Is it because I am completely insane? Though that is a debatable possibility, it is not the reason I planned as I did. The reason I planned as I did was because High School Musical on Ice came to town today and opening night tickets were available at the highly bargained price of just $12 each. It was something I could not (or at least chose not to pass up) even though it is the night before CHRISTmas eve.

Can I just say I am so glad we did this tonight? I mean, like THRILLED glad.

"On the twenty-third day of CHRISTmas my true Love gave to me...the joy of celebration."



My mom, my good friend Patty and I took Victoria and 4 of her little girlfriends to the show and it was so much fun. It's always fun to have a girls' night out, but this night had a whole new spin on it. Even taking the girls to the bathroom was a blast. I took Victoria and her little friends A & K, and the three of them had a blast standing in line doing souped up versions of patty cake. I'm sure that's not what it's called, but I'm not so cool as to know the right name... something about "lemonade, crunchy ice..." and the physical part of it is way more intensive than traditional patty cake too, but it was fun, like super fun!

I love that the girls are so joyful, intensely joyful. Life should be like that, especially when you're celebrating something as important as someones birth! Tonight we celebrated Victoria's with vigor. Everyday we should celebrate the Lord's birth like that!

Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments: