Saturday, December 6, 2008

25 Days of CHRISTmas - December 6, 2008

Today was a lazy and relaxed day. My kids were off at grandma's house all day making Christmas cookies, it's a tradition they have developed over the last couple years. (Watch for the pictures that they apparently took on Monday's weekend update over at the family blog.) Neal was at work, he's working Saturdays this month so the shop can shut down between Christmas and New Year's (and he can recuperate from his impending knee surgery.)

I had a long list of things I should have done, and I didn't do a single one. Well, I guess I did do a couple loads of laundry, but not much else. I probably would have stayed in my pajamas all day except I had to drive the kids to my mom's house for the cookie event. I did do some top secret Christmas work, but I can't go into detail because you never know who might stop by and read your blog.

"On the sixth day of CHRISTmas my true Love gave to me... a little peace and quiet."

It's a rare commodity around here, and probably why it's so hard to work when I have it, every moment has to be relished. Of course, I can never get anything done when they're around either, so I guess I will have a clean house some other day.

It's gone now, the quiet at least. The kids came home with dozens of cookies that they made, and there was chaos over the unveiling, arguments over whose is whose. Now in there is a barrage of knock knock jokes being told in the background, continual interruptions... I know, I know, there are lots of moms who will tell me I will some day miss these days, and they are probably right, but sometimes in the midst of them there is something to be said for a short break. It was needed, the quiet peace, and it was enjoyed.

Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments: