Wednesday, December 3, 2008

25 Days of CHRISTmas - December 3, 2008

Right now, I feel the best I've felt in a long time. I'm not sure how to describe it... it's my heart, it feels very... full.

This morning was a pretty great morning. My wonderful husband called me on the phone to pray for our kids before they got off on their day. Then I prayed with all the kids, even though it was in the midst of morning busyness, each taking our turns, calling out our prayers from different rooms. On the way driving Ethan and Victoria to school I started to sing and they joined right in. We sang "This Is the Day" (echo, the Lord has made.. I will rejoice...and be glad in it..) , then Joy to the World (my most favorite Christmas carol - Tori wanted to switch to Rudolph, but I kept her on point with my intention to focus...) And then we sang one more little song, the words go like this...

Oh be careful little eyes what you see, oh be careful little eyes what you see, for the Father up above is looking down at you with love, so be careful little eyes what you see.
Oh be careful little ears what you hear, oh be careful little ears what you hear, for the Father up above is looking down at you with love, so be careful little ears what you hear.
Oh be careful little mouth what you say, oh be careful little mouth what you say, for the Father up above is looking down at you with love, so be careful little mouth what you say.
Oh be careful little hands what you do, oh be careful little hands what you do, for the Father up above is looking down at you with love, so be careful little hands what you do.
Oh be careful little feet where you go, oh be careful little feet where you go, for the Father up above is looking down at you with love, so be careful little feet where you go.


As I sang it it was part prayer, part exhortation to my children. Watching them in the rear view mirror sing along, it touched my heart.

On the third day of CHRISTmas my true love gave to me.... the gift of perspective.

Yes, I know, there are many of you out there fully blessed already, each and every day, with the gift of perspective. Alas, I am not one of you. So when I have that clarity, it is nothing if not a gift from my true Love.

Tonight was the first performance (of three) on the children's Christmas program at our church. I was proud watching my daughter sing up there, proud of herself and feeling wonderful in her new glasses. And as the children sang about the names of God and who Christ is, what this CHRISTmas is truly about, it filled my heart and blessed me. The hassles of bills, and surgeries and even my children's struggles dimmed in the light of who my true Love is. I had considered it a burden to have three showings of this musical in my future... now I can hardly wait to go back Friday night!

Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments: