Sunday, December 7, 2008

25 Days of CHRISTmas - December 7, 2008

Well, my house isn't decorated, we have no tree yet, and the lights aren't all up outside and I don't have a single indoor decoration on display. My shopping is far from done, and nothing I have bought is wrapped yet, but it is official, I am filled with the Christmas Spirit.

I'm all focused, my heart is where it's supposed to be, Jesus is the Reason, and the focus of this season. And it's wonderful. Today was a busy day, but it was a wonderful one. It's sort of appropriate that it's the seventh day, which I believe stands for the number of completion, or perfection, either would apply, because somehow despite all that isn't quite done, I feel perfectly complete.

"On the seventh day of CHRISTmas my true Love gave to me... the joy in worship."

I've shared in the past my struggles in worship, I am easily distracted, unable to focus, but it wasn't like that this morning. Worship services started with the CHRISTMas carol, Angels We Have Heard on High and my heart was captured up into God's presence as we sang the chorus, "gloria in excelsis Deo," which means "glory to God in the highest." In the bible, second chapter of Luke it says,

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest,and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

It is the truth of CHRISTmas. I thought I would share here with you a clip from the CHRISTmas musical Victoria was in this past week, this is from Wednesday night's performance, and it captures the heart of CHRISTmas, of worship, of the Light of the world, the one of Whom we sing, "Gloria, in excelsis deo; glory to God in the highest!"



Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments: