Friday, November 21, 2008

Rejected - Addendum

I was just reading back over my post "Rejected" from a couple of days ago, and I want to clarify, it is not my intention to paint his teacher as a villain in the situation we are dealing with. I don't think she is the source of the problem. I think the source is the change and transition he's going through. I think perhaps she's not able to help him as much as I'd like, and I think she's a young teacher and can obviously learn more about how to deal with different kinds of kids and their personalities, but I also believe that her heart is good.

I think she wants to help Ethan, maybe she doesn't know how to any better than I do. I think she is a straight shooter, and sometimes when people are talking about your kids, you need a little more of a buffer than a straight shot. I'm very pragmatic myself, so I know I have stepped on my fair share of toes unintentionally. I have a critical eye, I see the faults and shortcomings in things more easily than the positives, but I have learned to look for the good, maybe she needs to do that? I don't know. Maybe it's something as simple as working on her delivery?

I do know Ethan's teacher is a lovely young woman who loves Jesus and is in teaching because she wants to help and minister to kids, I do believe that. She's no villain in this struggle, I just wanted to clarify that. Hopefully God will use this situation to grow all of us up in Him, and I'll come out a better parent, Ethan a better student and her a better teacher, and all of us just a little closer to Jesus.

No comments: