Saturday, July 19, 2008

30 Days of Praise - Day 13

As I typed the title, I was struck by the irony. Day 13 - it certainly feels like the "unluckiest" of days. Too bad I believe in the sovereignty of God and not luck.

Neal is still in the hospital, and there seems very little if any improvement. I am so lonely without him. I know I have 3 children here to keep me company, but I truly love that man more than my own life. I am realizing how incredibly God truly has made us "one flesh" and it hurts to be separated, even if only for a few days.

My daughter has come down with the stomach flu so now I am stranded at home to care for her and leaving Neal alone at the hospital. He's a good sport, but I know he is lonely there. He's such a good sport. I don't begrudge caring for my daughter (or her brothers should they follow suit) but my heart is torn because I want to care for Neal too. And I just miss him.

Today I praise God for the miracle of the Body of Christ. I am blessed by friends and loved ones who put themselves aside and help in times like this. It is another design by the Creator Himself that is wonderful to read about and yet indescribable to experience. I am thankful for the friends and loved ones God has put in my life. Those who will care for your sick children, will drive you to the hospital, will clean up after your sick children, those who go where you can't when you can't. I am thankful for the many who are praying, some I don't even know about, but I know they are praying because though I feel pressed, I am not crushed. Though I feel persecuted, I am not abandoned.

I know God Himself is with me, and for me, but I am so grateful that He also chooses to reveal that and express it through people you can touch, hear, see... oh and text. God bless the timely text message of encouragement and humor.

Tomorrow is a new day, I praise God for that too, because it brings new hope, and promised new mercy. I praise God for His faithfulness and for the faithfulness of His people.

We have this treasure from God, but we are like clay jars that hold the treasure. This shows that the great power is from God, not from us. We have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated. We do not know what to do, but we do not give up the hope of living. We are persecuted, but God does not leave us. We are hurt sometimes, but we are not destroyed. We carry the death of Jesus in our own bodies so that the life of Jesus can also be seen in our bodies. 2 Corinthians 4:7-10 NCV

No comments: