Saturday, August 20, 2011

Transition

I remember when I was in labor with my kids.

I remember the pain. I remember the contractions. I remember how they increased in pain and intensity. I remember when they got closer and closer together.

Then I remember the lull.

Transition.

There was a phase between the pain and the pushing when everything just seemed to be still.

It wasn't long. After the pain came the pushing.

Spiritually speaking, I feel like I am in transition.

I want to write, but I don't have anything to say.

I feel like I have labored here. I have poured out my self and poured it into this blog. Like actual labor, sometimes it feels just like pain and effort without a purpose. I can't see any progress or effect, I don't know if it is accomplishing anything, but I press through, ride it out. I hope it's effective, but whether it is or not, I just hang on, because there is no other option.

Spiritually speaking I feel like I am in the lull. The pushing and production are ahead, but for now, I wait. Everything is still.

I want to write, but I have nothing to say.

I'm weary from the efforts.

I can only hope that there is a birth up ahead.

Like as I awaited the arrival of my children, I find myself wondering.

What will it look like?

What will it be?

I don't know, but I long to.

I'm waiting for the moment...

When the lull is over...

And I know I can wait no longer...

It has to be birthed...

And it is finally time to push.

In Jesus' name....

No comments: