Thursday, September 10, 2009

Why My God?

So many religions, so many faiths, how am I so sure?

Isn't He just a story in a book? How can I know?

People even think me arrogant in my confidence.... How can I be sure?

Why my God?

Because He is the God who held me in the lowest moment of my life, and gave me hope...

Because He is the God who took the worst experience of my life, and gave it back to me, so I could give hope to others...

Because He is the God who brought fruit forth from barrenness....

Because He is the God who remembers all the hurts, all the sadness, all the tears, and has compassion.

Because He is the God who spoke to me, made a promise and carried it through, and carried me through while I had to wait... and wait... and wait...

Because He is the God who made many promises... and kept them all....

Because He is the God Who in the dark days always shines Light...

Because He is the God who never leaves me, or leaves me wanting....

Why my God?

Because He is real, and present, compassionate, and true.

Why my God? Because He is my God...

But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.’
Jeremiah 7:23

2 comments:

Paula V said...

I just wanted to come and say that I read and follow Sheryl's The Perch blog and I read your comment. First, God moved me (and I still don't know the exact feeling of movement) by Sheryl's words. We share a similar journey with a failed marriage and prayers for healing/restoration. I usually don't read comments on blogs (except my own, duh) but I skimmed hers and read yours. I was moved. I am always moved to hear of a promise from God of the impossible and then see it fulfilled. I've been waiting for restoration for over two years. Oh, I pray my wait is not ten years. I don't know if I can endure that alone (outside of God). I find it amazing that event with two children you still believed and sought God for the promise, a daughter. Praise the Lord for His promise and His mysterious ways. I am in awe of how He promises such details, provides you a child, children, yet, those children are not the specific fulfillment. Makes me wonder, why did he choose a girl, why did he choose it to be the third child. Why couldn't His promise be fulfilled in a son, in the first child. His mighty ways, we shall never know the whys.

THanks for sharing.

Feel free to come visit me.
In Him,
Paula

His Girl said...

Yes, yes He is... it's not arrogance to know the truth. I'm sad that it gets interpreted that way sometimes, but am glad to know you and your confidence- not in your knowledge, but in the one Who you know.