Tuesday, December 16, 2008

25 Days of CHRISTmas - December 16, 2008

On the sixteenth day of CHRISTmas my true Love gave to me... the opportunity to witness the faith and kindness of children."

Today I am putting a care package together for my friend Jason (pictured top left) who is serving our country in Iraq (click on his picture to read more about him). I baked some things, bought some goodies and a small necessity he mentioned needing. I really enjoyed doing it for him. They are simple little things I can do that will hopefully brighten his day just a little as he puts his life on the line for our nation.

I decided to ask Ethan's teacher if maybe the class could do something for me to send along to bless and encourage him. They decided to make pop-up CHRISTmas cards and write notes inside. I took the time to read through them before I added them to the package tonight and they were just precious. Sweet, kind words from innocent young children, just sharing their love for Jesus and a little CHRISTmas cheer.

I really hope the package and the cards bless Jason, I know the process of putting it together and reading what those kids had to say really blessed me.

Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments: