Sunday, August 25, 2013

Staccato

Hopeless
Foolish
Useless
My thoughts they comprise.

The staccato
Verbiage
Of the
Enemy's lies.

Judgment
Begets
Judging
It pounds in my brain.

No peace
No quiet
I long
For refrain

As offended
I'm offended
Again
And again

Taking on
That offense
Is becoming
My sin.

I long to
Lash out
In frustration
And pain.

It pounds
And it grows
For my own thoughts
Disdain.

I long for the melody
Of Your priceless grace
To soften and slow
My rhythm and pace.

The song of Your heart
Is what I long to hear
Silence the cacophony
And just draw me near.

The battle is long
I can't run from myself
I need to hear Your song
I'm asking for Your help.

Silence this staccato assault
Of the enemy's lies toward me
Help me to rest in the freedom again
For which Christ set me free.

Can't care what "they" think
Or dwell on what's said
Just need peace in my heart
Your voice in my head.

My hope is in You
A fool for You I will be
Not defined by my "use"
Your love defines me.

Turn up the volume
Of Your song so true
My life has a purpose
Because I matter to You.

Louder I pray
Will You sing words of life
Calming my spirit
Subsiding my strife.

As the beating subsides
My spirit grows stronger
Help me now listen to You
And the enemy no longer.

Sing Father, sing
Your voice is so sweet
Into Your presence
I long to retreat.

Sing so that Your voice
Is all that I hear
Sing Father, sing
And just draw me near.

Peace You sing
And in harmony is love
The sweetest of songs
Comes down from above.

© Diana DePriest
August 25, 2013

The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zephaniah 3:17

No comments: