Sunday, January 15, 2012

100 Verses - Week 19

This week is going to be one of the more "challenging" weeks of the Challenge. It's one of the rare weeks where we have THREE verses, but we're on our 19th - that's NINETEENTH - week of our challenge, and I have full confidence that you can rise to the... well, Challenge! So I hope you all feel up to it and are ready for this week.


So we are continuing in 100 Verses Everyone Should Know by Heart in the section titled: "Promises: Verses to Stand On." Check out Robert J. Morgan's website, he has the book on sale and has updated the website as well. He has a new devotional available based on his "Then Sings My Soul" series, you might want to check that out.

I'm going to be honest, I am behind in reading the commentary about the verses in the book, but "commentary" is a far second to the verses themselves, so give thanks to the Lord, I'm going to be short and sweet and straight to the point, here are your THREE memory verses for week 19:

Verse 1:

"For I know the plans I have for you,"-- this is the Lord's declaration-- "Plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11


Verse 2:

But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
1 John 1:7


Verse 3:

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9


OK, there's lots of memorizing to work on this week, so you better get to it!

No comments: