Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Seeking Him - Dedicated to the Girls

Well, it's been more than a week since our bloggy bible study came to an end. Last week I mentioned doing a final wrap up and so that's what I'm hitting on today. I'm still doing the study with a group "in real life," and I'm glad because I believe I am still on the journey to revival.

It's been interesting "double doing" the study because it seems as I have revisited each chapter the Lord has taken the opportunity to take it a little deeper, scrub a little harder or impart more wisdom; it's on a case to case basis.

In the beginning of the study there was a quote in the book that really spoke to me. It says, "Revival awakens in our hearts an increased awareness of the presence of God, a new love for God, a new hatred for sin, and a hunger for His word." (Del Fehsenfeld Jr.) I have maintained all along that this quote is an excellent litmus test for the state of revival in our hearts. Based on this evaluation, I do know that my heart is being stirred as all of things are becoming deeper truths in my life.

I also think of our first memory verse (which I confess I don't have fully committed to memory) from Hosea 10:12 which says, "Break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the Lord, till He comes and reigns righteousness on you." I think the "till" is key. As wonderful as it is to have a 12 week study, God works at His own pace, and with each of us individually - and I thinlk that is the beauty of this study, we can go back to it, again and again... and again. It has been such a blessing, it's had to express.

And yet today I heard something beautiful that really did express much of what I wish I could say for myself about this study and what it's meant to me. So I close my wrap up with a dedication to all my Seeking Him girls - the bloggy study friends, the IRL study girls and to all my loved ones and friends seeking the Lord til...



God bless you all!

1 comment:

Genny said...

Found you through Conversion Diary and thought I'd stop by and say hi. I saw that you are in CA too. :)