Monday, July 21, 2008

30 Days of Praise - Day 15 part 2

What a challenging couple of days. And what a roller coaster.

But I praise God for His sustaining grace. Today got really tough but the Lord worked it out. In the midst of floods and such I decided to just go take the kids to see their dad. All the way there we just sang praise - good old-fashioned Kid Praise. You know what I mean, we sang "This Is the Day," "I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy," and "Joy Like a Fountain." By the time we got there burdens were light, attitudes improved. Joy oh joy, the power of praise.

And then PTL - I say, PRAISE THE LORD, we got the wonderful news that Neal could come home! Yay! Of course with the promised land always comes the fight, and surely someone tried to start one, but joy - it is FULL in the presence of God and could not be taken away.

You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11


We have battles ahead. Neal has to miss a week of work which will be hard on our finances among other issues it causes, and I don't look forward to the day that the bills from this event start arriving in our mailbox, but I choose to trust the Lord, who will meet all our needs according to HIS glorious riches. God is faithful.

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Last night late in the night, after all the kids were in bed I just went to sing at the Lord's feet. It was a joyful and refreshing time. When things started to go awry this morning with the flooded bathroom and the worry Neal might not be released there was a moment I felt a crack in me. But after my begging text for prayer I sat on the side of my bad and just chose to refocus. Peace and strength just flowed into me. It was wonderful.

God took care of the plumbing issue (thank you Lord for the warranty) and the damage will dry. I am thankful Jake left a towl on the floor that soaked up a lot of the watr that could have caused more damage. My car will be taken care of at some point, it's running, and the recurrent exhaust issue has to be taken care of before I can smog it in September. It will work itself out.

I choose not to stress about debt. We have it, there is nothing we can do about it, it is manageable. We will continue to be faithful in our tithe and trust God to take care of the rest. He is trustworthy.

God is good... all the time...
All the time... GOD IS GOOD!

No comments: